These air fryer banana chips made with raw green Keralian banana are so delicious. Just a sprinkle of cracked black pepper takes these snacks to a whole new dimension! Either air fry or deep fry for the best texture with few ingredients.
AIRFRYER BANANA CHIPS
Air Fryer Banana/Plantain Chips
What is Banana Chips/Plantain Chips?
🍌Ingredients for Crispy Air fryer Banana Chips
How to peel Raw Banana or Plantains?
Microwave Banana Chips
Homemade Kerala Banana Chips/Plantain Chips with Coconut Oil
●In a bowl with 200ml water, add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and set aside.
●With a sharp knife peel the banana skin and make very thin slices using a mandolin.
●You’ll see lots of bubbles.
●Once they reduce by half, add 1 TBSP of the turmeric and salt solution to it.
●Be extra careful at this time as the oil may spit!
●Fry until almost all the bubbles disappear without the chips going brown.
●Remove with a slotted spoon, transfer onto kitchen paper, and drain.
●Sprinkle black pepper and salt over the chips
●Let the chips cool and serve them with a cold beer or soft drinks!
How to Store air fryer banana chips
How to make Air fryer Banana Chips step by step
AIR FRYER BLACK PEPPER GREEN BANANA CHIPS
- Air fryer
- Mandolin or Sharp knife
- 4 raw bananas or plantains
- 2 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 TSP turmeric powder
- 1 TSP black pepper powder
- Mix turmeric powder and salt in cold water.
- Peel the skin with the sharp knife and leave it in water for 10-15 minutes so they absorb the flavours and to prevent them turning darker.
- Pat dry the banana using clean kitchen tissue/paper to remove excess moisture.
- With the help of mandoline make thin slices of the banana or use a very sharp knife if you don't have mandoline.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 300F or 180C for 5 minutes.
- Coat banana chips into the coconut oil. Make sure all the chips are evenly coated with the oil.
- Arrange the chips in one layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the chips between 10-12 minutes. Shake the chips a couple of times in between. (usually, air fryer beeps at the half time)
- Once done remove and sprinkle black pepper and salt.
- Grease microwave-proof plate with oil.
- Arrange the oil-coated chips in one layer for even cooking.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, this time depending on the power of your appliance.
- Keep an eye on it.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and salt if necessary.
The nutritional information provided is an approximation calculated by an online calculator/plugin. Please consult a professional dietitian for nutritional advice.