This Roasted Pumpkin Spice and Garlic Hummus is all about embracing autumn! Serve this incredibly delicious dip on Halloween party or any get-together and witness with your own eyes how quickly you have to run to the kitchen to bring another bowl. Serve this with crackers, toasted pitta bread, vegetable crudites, even sweet potato wedges yes, hot sweet potato wedges would be a nice treat for your guests. It will knock everyone’s socks off as this recipe is not only incredibly tasty but it is GF dairy-free and plant-based, so all parties are happy! Also, this fairly easy recipe stays well in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and makes very healthy after-school snacks.
This year’s unusually hot summer is over and autumn has crept upon us, which means sipping chilled drinks, licking those brain freezing Popsicle and gorgeous bright cold shoulder floral dresses are numbered too. On the plus side, it’s time for cosy jumpers, long Boots, hot drinks to make a comeback, yay! I absolutely adore autumn fashion and style.
This roasted pumpkin and garlic hummus is packed with nutrition and full of flavours. Perfect for a healthy snacking or appetizer. This hummus is loaded with superfood ingredients like pumpkin and garlic all in one dip. It is deliciously creamy, with a hint of pumpkin spice. I used roasted garlic to bring out the sweetness and mildness and more soft depth flavours in this particular recipe as Pumpkin flavours are sweeter and trust me raw garlic makes this dish overpowering with a sharp taste.
We thoroughly enjoyed this hummus with oat biscuits, vegetable crudites, and roasted sweet potato wedges. I would recommend this recipe to any uni student who yearns for a quick, tasty and a healthy recipe which is within their budget. This hummus is fuel to your body if any leftover, next day stir into pasta or use as a sandwich filling:)
Don’t forget to sign up for email updates to get new recipes delivered right to your inbox. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest. So follow us if you can…We would love to keep in touch with you all:)
ROASTED PUMPKIN SPICE AND GARLIC HUMMUS
- 150g Pumpkin Cubed
- 2 Garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Pinch brown sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Pumpkin Spice
- Salt and pepper
- 200g Cooked Chick Peas
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pinch Paprika Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- Few drops Lemon or Lime Juice (optional)
- 2 Tbsp.+ Some for drizzle Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley or Coriander
How to cook ROASTED PUMPKIN SPICE AND GARLIC HUMMUS
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Place pumpkin cubes on a roasting tray, drizzle 1 Tbsp. olive oil, pumpkin spices, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Put in the oven to roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Halfway through roasting throw garlic cloves in there.
- Once the roasted pumpkin and garlic cool enough to handle transfer pumpkin, garlic, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, salt and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove it in a serving bowl and drizzle some olive oil, toasted pumpkin seeds and garnish it with fresh parsley leaves.