Wishing you all a very happy Chaitri Maha Asthmi..the day holds special significance in the Hindus' social and religious calendar, which comes after Maha Saptami. On this day we offer prayers and Naivedyam to goddess Durga...In naivedyam we make one sweet dish, which is normally Kheer ( rice pudding ), this time I made kheer as well but not normal kheer which includes rice...I made Meethi Boondi Kheer with home made Boondi...:-)
- 200 g sweet Boondi ( recipe is coming soon )
- 1 ltr milk
- 1-2 tbsp kesar-badam-maala-saffron-almond powder
- 1 tbsp sugar ( optional )
- Few almonds and pistachio nuts chopped
- 1 tbsp kewra water
- In a heavy bottom or non stick pan put milk to boil and reduced by half.
- Add sugar and milk masala and let the sugar dissolve.
- Now add boondi and cook further 3-4 minutes.
- Turn of the heat, add kewra water and let it cool, when it's cool kheer will go thicker.
- Garnish with the almonds and pistachios.
- Enjoy !!