"I'm not a vegetarian! I'm a dessertarian!" ― Bill Watterson
To nourish your soul and for healthy living dessert plays important role in our eating healthy diet. Having dessert in your food doesn't mean you have less self - control, in fact it means you have solid enough sense of yourself to know what it is you want. Dessert represents a sense of bliss – a moment of totally relishing that which makes us feel good, however dessert is not something that should be eaten every day.
Desserts and sweets come in various flavours, shapes, textures throught out the world. Indians indulge themselves in Ladoos and Gulab Jamun, Turkish are famous for their Baklava and the Brits favourite is Bread and Butter pudding.
In this event we are looking at famous British traditional desserts/bakes and sweets and will prepare by keeping the recipe as traditional as much as we can. I have chosen two traditional dishes here. Choose one dish out of these two, if you want you can make both of them. If you don't know the recipe, can find out through various sites, blogs or recipe books.
- Chelsea Buns
2 . Eton Mess
Eton mess, a sickly-sweet mixture of strawberries, meringue and cream dates back to at least the 19th century, and is a traditional feature of Eton College's annual cricket game against Winchester Collge. Supposedly, it was originally equally common to have it with bananas.
Guidelines to follow :-
- Eggs are allowed in baking.
- Link this event announcement on your post and our original event announcement page. It's Compulsory.
- Use of logo is compulsory .
- Only entries allowed are posted between 1st oct-31st Oct 2012.
- LIKE our facebook page . Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey . It's Compulsory
- Follow us on Twitter. @JCookingOdyssey
- You can send entries to our email if link doesn't work firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details.
2.Your Blog name
5.Picture of your recipe
Also non bloggers can send their entries to my email ID and the subject line with your name, Recipe,and the picture of your recipe.Go ahead , make and send your recipes.Waiting for your tasty and yummy entries !!Thank you for linking your entries @ JCO..!!