You will need:-For Tikka
- 1 cup Paneer cubed(indian cottage cheese-available in Indian store, in U.K availbale in big Supermarkets too)
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic puree
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- pinch of Black Salt(Indian shops known as SANCHAL)
- 1/4 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tbsp Yogurt(beaten)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp of Beetroot Juice(not favour of using food colour)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp melon Seeds
- 2-3 Cloves and cinamon pieces
- 1 Big Cardamom(Kali Elychi)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garlic-Ginger Paste
- 2-3 Kashmir Chillies(you can use any )
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp Khoya(I used wholemilk powder)
- 2 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
For Tikka:-Place all the ingredients in a one bowl and leave at least for 7-8 minutes. Now transfer everything on a greased plate and cook in a microwave for about 2 minutes. after that turn over the paneer pieces and cook 1 more minute. Leave a side.
For Masala:-Grind everything in a grinder with little water and make paste. In a microwaveble bowl add oil and masala and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add tomato puree, salt and kasoori methi and cook 2 minutes. Add Khoya, ketchup and milk and cook again for about 1-2 minutes. Now add 1/2 cup water and paneer pieces and cook atleast about 3-4 minutes. Garnish with fresh Coriander and if you really want to add fresh cream!!!!!!!!!!(depanding on your waistline....;-P
Serve it with roti, Naan or puri and Enjoy!!
..and also I would like to draw your attention to our buddy Asha from "ASRA"...ASHANO KA" who has recently created her new blog "HASTKALA...ASHANO KA"....Hooray!!I've visited there many times, and loved all her beautiful cards she makes..she is a really talented lady with beautiful heart too..please pay a visit to her blog..
Sending this too Niloufer's event Twenty-20 cooking event..