Such is the e.g of Methi Dhebra and Sukhi Bhaji(Fenugreek leaves Paratha and dry potatos). This sort of K2 dishes are always a hit with my family members...I make them in a typical Gujarati way. Ingredients includes multi grain flours, Yogurt and sugar...using yogurt keeps the dhebras shelf life for longer...great for taking on a holidays or picnic...
You will need:-
- 1 cup methi leaves-washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves-washed and finely choped
- 11/2 cup flours-chapatti, Gram and millet flours
- 1/2 cup low fat very sour yogurt
- 2 tbsp gren chilli and ginger paste
- 2 tbsp green garlic(Optional-if you want to take them out for longer period don't add)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Sugar(Optional)
- Tumeric powdwer
- Red chilli powder
- Garam masala---------according to your liking.
Mix all the ingredients and pile a dough like chappati dough using water little by little. Leave it aside for half an hour. Divid the dough in a equal size balls. Roll out ball on a flat surface in dry flour and make a round paratha. Shallow fry on a hot griddle or tava till both sides are equally golden brown.. Serve hot with potato dry bhaji, pickle and yogurt...
You will need for Bhaji;-
- 1 cup boiled potatoes and cubed
- 2-3 green chillies cut into lengthwise
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing(Asafoetida)
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder-Dry mango powder
- Handful coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- Red chilli powder, tumeric powder, dhana jeera powder and garam masala- according to your liking
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Sugar----Gujarati's always add sweetness into their cuisine..
Enjoy as much as we gujarati's do by making and sharing and eating.....
The Combo Event event hosted by Pari. THINK SPICE-THINK AMCHOOR event hosted by Bhagyashri and started by Sunita ..to Bitter Better Health event hosted by Yasmeen..and Family's Faviourte Food-Valentine day event hosted by Shama Nagrajan.
Look out for my next post where I'll be sharing awards !!